You can jump to the recipe, but you will miss the tips and tricks mentioned in the post
Eggless Strawberry Banana Muffins are quick and easy breakfast muffin recipes made using Whole Wheat flour, Fresh Strawberries and ripe bananas. Lightly spiced with cinnamon, these muffins are an evening treat for your little ones or a delicious picnic food idea.
Strawberries are my daughters favourite. She loves it to the core. For the taste and for the colour. Yes, girls love pink and red :-). She always reminds me of that :D. So when I made this strawberry banana muffin she was elated. She enjoyed it thoroughly as a treat and also as an evening snack.
We loved the tiny specs of strawberries in between. She for once believed me that they are made of strawberries, as she knows Mumma likes to sneak in veggies in bakes :D. Need I say they were gone within 2 days 4 of us. IT would have been finished in half an hour, but had to exercise portion control and especially with treats 🙂
I was actually making an egg version of these muffins. But I forgot to add the eggs :-). Yes, when you make a recipe or experiment it happens with me. I was wondering why is my mixture dry. Then I added ¼ cup of more milk to the batter and it was all perfect.
After all, the baking was done, and while I was eating, I realized I forgot the eggs and hence the batter was dry. Phew…. but who cares when the end result was perfect. So I got another bake which is eggless.
Adding Egg in muffin
So if you want an egg version of these muffins, simply replace ¼ cup of milk with 2 eggs.
These Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins are easy to make. You would not need any fancy types of equipment like a stand mixer or a hand blender. A simple hand whisk will work. Whisk in the wet ingredients, sift the dry, mix and you are ready to go.
As they are using ripe bananas these muffins are perfect to use those ripe black bananas which no one wants to eat. Ripe bananas are sweeter and add natural sweetness to the dish. Hence you see that the sugar content of these muffins is much less.
I love to use bananas as a sweetener in many of my bakes. Like in this Whole Wheat Chocolate Avocado Banana Muffins or this Double Chocolate Whole Wheat Banana Bread. At times I do not add sugar at all and make such healthy Gluten-Free Double Chocolate Banana Bread.
Fresh or Frozen Bananas
Both work equally well in baking. If I have excess ripe bananas, I always freeze them. For ways on how to freeze bananas and use them in recipes, check it in this post of Sugar-less No churn Strawberry Banana Ice Cream.
Fresh or Frozen strawberries in muffins
I have used fresh strawberries, but one can use frozen ones too. I generally do not prefer frozen berries in baking as at times, they release water and then sometimes the bakes goes gooey or oozy. However, it can be replaced with frozen. When using frozen berries it is recommended to use straight from the freeze and not to defrost.
Shelf Life of Muffins
As they are using fresh strawberries and ripe bananas these muffins will stay good at room temperature for 3-4 days. If you are staying in a hot environment the shelf life will reduce. Generally, muffins are not advisable to be stored in the fridge as they tend to dry out. But if you wrap them nicely or store them in an airtight container they would be good. So if you are in a hot environment it is best to refrigerate them properly.
How to Thaw muffins
To consume the muffins, from the fridge, it is best to bring them to room temperature and then eat. As muffins or cakes directly eaten from the fridge will not taste the best. One can even microwave it for 15-20 seconds, along with a small bowl of water. This will warm the muffins and the water will help them not to get hard.
Recipe process of Eggless Strawberry Banana Muffins
To make these muffins, sift in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl mash the bananas, add the melted butter, vanilla extract and milk. Fold in the strawberries in the dry mixture so that they are coated with the flour. This helps in the strawberries not sinking at the bottom. Now add the wet to the dry and mix gently until the ingredients are combined. Do not overmix or the muffins will be dry. Divide the batter into muffin moulds and bake. Cool the muffins completely before consuming.
I have not taken step by step pics, as did not plan to post it. But it turned out delicious, so next time will click and update the recipe.
Eggless Strawberry Banana Muffins
- 2 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat flour -Can be replaced with all-purpose or plain flour
- 1/2 cup Muscovado Sugar -One can use granulated white or Brown sugar too
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt -skip if using salted butter
- 1/2 cup 113 grams unsalted butter, melted and at room temperature
- ¼ cup milk at room temperature -can be replaced with 2 medium size eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas -mashed (around 1 cup)
- 1 cup 240 ml fresh strawberries (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C.
- Line 12 cup muffin tray with liners or grease them with butter/oil.
- In a wide bowl sift in the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add in the melted butter, vanilla extract and milk and mix.
- Now fold in the chopped strawberries in the dry mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter into the muffin moulds and bake it for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool it completely on a wire rack and enjoy.
- 1 Cup =235 ml, 1 tablespoon =15 ml, 1 teaspoon=5ml
- If you find the batter too thick, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time
- If you want to use egg, add 2 medium size eggs instead of milk
Linking this with
Where the theme this week is Magic with Berries by Myself
- Berry Spinach Salad by Making Miracle
- Blackberry Spinach Salad by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Blueberry & Grape Smoothie by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Blueberry Picking and a Summer Salad with Microflowers and Berries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Eggless Strawberry Banana Muffin by Cook with Renu
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Sandwiches with Blackberry Jalapeno BBQ Sauce by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Kokum Sherbat by Sneha’s Recipe
- Sparkling Strawberry Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Summer Berry Turnovers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list so that you get the new recipes straight in your mailbox.