You can jump to the recipe, but you will miss the tips and tricks mentioned in the post
Sugar-Free No-Churn Strawberry Banana Ice Cream is a creamy, rich, Sugar-Free and guilt-free Ice Cream made just using Strawberry and Banana. The sweetness in this Ice Cream comes from Ripe Bananas. Strawberries balance out the flavour by adding the sweet and a slight tart flavour.
This strawberry banana ice cream is an easy peasy Ice Cream. One just needs to blend the ingredients together in a powerful blender and freeze the mixture. There is no churning involved in this ice cream and it is ready in 6-7 hours.
As this is a sugarless or a Sugar-free, this Ice Cream is not the same as normal sweet Ice Cream which we generally make or the ones available in shops. This is a healthy Ice Cream I would say. It is a treat for those who want to enjoy sweets and desserts but cannot consume sugar or for the ones who look out for sugar free options.
These Ice cream can be consumed on your fasting days, or can be served for any festive occasions and large gatherings.
Frozen or Fresh fruits to use in Ice Cream
I like to use frozen bananas in this Ice Cream. One can use frozen or fresh, but frozen is better. Strawberries too can be used frozen or fresh. When in season, I use fresh red strawberries. When not available I use the frozen ones.
Type of Bananas to use in this Ice Cream
The riper the bananas the sweeter the ice cream would be. So one of the best recipes when you have a lot of ripe bananas and need to finish it soon.
Why Freeze Bananas for Ice Cream
Freezing bananas make them more rich, creamy and sweet. Yes, they are sweeter after being frozen. However, slice and freeze instead of pureeing and freezing.
How to Freeze Bananas
To Freeze bananas always peel the skin, and slice into ½-1 inch pieces and freeze in a ziplock. Do not puree and store. It will lead to a more gooey texture. One can even freeze the whole bananas, but it becomes difficult to use in a recipe. Also peeling and freezing is best. It would be difficult to peel them when they are frozen and once thawed you will not love peeling them.
How long do bananas stay in the freezer?
Bananas can stay in the freeze for a good 6 months. So next time you have any excess ripe bananas store them in the freezer. You can make smoothies, bread, pancakes etc. with ripe bananas. If you are looking for recipes with ripe bananas, check out these recipes.
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Ragi Banana Dates Smoothie
- Whole Wheat Avocado Chocolate Muffins
- Double Chocolate Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Pancake.
- Whole Wheat Mangalore Buns
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Pan Cake
One can add some sugar if you like. Any form of sugar such as granulated/powdered sugar, powdered jaggery, honey or maple syrup can be used.
Fresh Cream or Milk
I have used fresh cream here, to add a rich and creamier texture. But one can use milk too.
I had earlier shared this recipe with BM group for the theme No-Cook Dessert. To make the challenge more complicated or to make the dish healthier, I decided not to use sugar or at the max use them in an alternate form.
When I chose this theme, I thought it would be a pretty easy task, but the real challenge was there should be no cooking at all !!! Even though the challenge mentioned one can use the microwave for 1 min, or boiling of milk was allowed, but I was keen on not using either option. I had earlier shortlisted few recipes for cheesecake, but I wanted to avoid sugar in the dish as much as possible. With all these conditions I set out to make a dish my family could enjoy.
Few more Sugar-Free recipes on my blog –
- Sugarless Cocoa Oats Breakfast Smoothie
- Sugarless Multiseed Rye Bread
- Khajoor (Dates) Dry Fruit Barfi (Roll)
- Egg-less, Sugar-less, Butter-Less Dates & Walnut Cake
- Sugarless & Vegan Apple and Carrot Loaf
- Sugarless Ragi Ladoos (Gluten-Free Energy Bites)
PS – As the sugar in this is all-natural and comes from ripe bananas and strawberry, still it has natural sugar. So people who cannot consume much sugar should eat in limited quantities.
So here goes the recipe of Sugar-Free Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
Sugar-Free No-Churn Strawberry Banana Ice Cream
- Freezing bowl
- 2 Medium Size Ripe Banana's
- 1 Cup Fresh Cream (Can be replaced with milk)
- 1.5 Cup Strawberry Puree (15 Big Size Fresh/Frozen Strawberries)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- Peel and cut the banana into bite size pieces. Freeze them for 1-2 hours, until rock solid.
- Add the Frozen Banana, Strawberry Puree (or Strawberries) in a blender or a food processor.
- Now add Fresh Cream and Vanilla essence and blend everything until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Freeze it in an air tight or a freezer friendly container for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- That's it, Enjoy this Sugar-Free No-Churn Strawberry Banana Ice-Cream
- Standard US Size Cups are used
- Frozen strawberries can be used
- One can add a bit of sugar or honey if desired
The recipe first appeared on Cook with Renu on 10th August 2018. Today, 2nd May 2021, I am updating the content of the post, with more details, tips and tricks.
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list so that you get the new recipes straight in your mailbox.