Sharing is caring!
While I was figuring what to prepare for the second day for my Seasonal Fruits and Veggie series for BM and to club that with my on going chocolate series for choctoberfest, I realized I haven’t baked much with Apples recently . I love all kinds of fruits and Apple is one of my favourite as a quick on-the-go snack . I also like the occasional Apple tart or cakes but this time i decided to try out the Chocolate Apple Brownies. I have taken this recipe from here with some modifications.
This dish can be made with Green or Red apples but since it’s the season of crisp green apples I used them . Also the flavor of Green Apples is just right for this dish.
I had few worries if chocolate and Apple as combination would work as i wanted a balance of both the flavours , but one bite of the brownie and I could feel the sweetness of chocolate and the refreshing flavor of Apple.
I took half of these Brownies to my office and my colleagues were already taking second servings. I am not exaggerating but they were so moist and at the same time had the fudgier texture of brownie. Yum, my son is enjoying them with a hot cup of milk daily and I am loving it as he is eating green apples :-).
Fudgy Apple Brownies
- 150 gm Butter
- 80 gm Dark Chocolate
- 3 Medium eggs, At Room Temperature
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Green Apples (1 Cup when finely grated) (I used green, one can use Red)
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Walnuts Crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper or grease it lightly with butter.
- Melt butter and chocolate in microwave, in short burst of 30 seconds, until melted. Alternatively one can melt in a heat proof bowl over simmering water. Allow to cool.
- Sift the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- In a separate bowl, Mix eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add in finely grated apple and mix.
- Add in the melted chocolate and butter. Add in Vanilla essence and Keep mixing. (The chocolate butter mixture should be cooled completely)
- Add the sifted cocoa powder, flour and baking powder and slowly mix everything just until combined.
- Add in the walnuts and mix with a spatula. (One can top it up with walnuts too, I added in the batter)
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes. Keep an eye after 25-30 minutes.
- Let it cool down completely, cut into squares and enjoy with a cup of milk or coffee.
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to:
For details on entering the giveaway click here.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.
Sharing is caring!