I had the leftover batter from Oats & Green dal Toast. Did not wanted to make the same thing again. So thought of converting it into a pan-cake. Added a little more water and salt. Made it frankie style for my child, so added a little crushed paneer. Hurray a protein packed breakfast, lunch or tiffin is ready.
- 1 cup washed and soaked green mung dal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup of coriander
- 1-2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1/4 inch of ginger
- 1-2 green chillies (as per taste)
- salt as per taste
- olive oil. (I think the original recipe uses butter, but I use olive oil)
- Grated Home made Paneer (Optional)
- Wash and soak the green mung dal for 1 hour minimum. (Should be around 1 cup soaked)
- Grind mung dal, oats, coriander, garlic, ginger and green chillies into a smooth paste. Add water if required. Make the batter as per pancake/chila consistency.
- One can make this immediately, but I guess if you give some time for the batter around 4-5 hours it will taste more better. Since mine was a left over batter, It was lying in fridge for 24 hours.
- In a non-stick pan, brush little oil. Add a spoonful of batter and make a chila/pancake. Cook it for 4-5 minutes until it starts leaving the edges on a medium flame.
- Flip and turn again for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and add crushed Home made Paneer. Make a roll out of it.
- Serve it with corainder chutney or tomato ketchup or as it is.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.