Curry leaves used in most of the Indian dishes. Used as in tempering or also as a marination to many of the dishes. But they get spoiled easily if not stored properly. And outside India, it is really a treasure to buy or have it. Hence need to keep it clean and fresh. Here are my simple ways to store them:
- I simply let the curry leaves dry completely. I stored them in the freezer in an air tight container. I liked this method the most as the curry leaves still holds the flavour.
- Roast them on a pan. Let it cool down completely and make a powder of it in a mixer and store it in an air tight container in a cool area.
- Now , once I just let it air dry for 3-4 days in open (If you have sunlight it is better), and once it looks a little dried out, I stored them in an air tight container.
- Which I recently tried is just microwaved the Curry leaves for 30 secs or so (may be less or more depending on the microwave….So can do in intervals of 10-15 secs and check..It should not burn). Let it cool down completely and then store it in the air tight container.
- I have also read comments, where in people wash it, let them dry, and apply oil and store it in freezer. I have not done this yet. Just adding if someone wants to try it out.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.