You can jump to the recipe, but you will miss the tips and tricks mentioned in the post
Veg Schezwan Fried Rice is an Indo Chinese dish where the rice is cooked along with spicy schezwan sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and loads of vegetables. The spice or the colour of this rice is due to the schezwan sauce being added to this rice. All in all, it comes together as one of the yummiest meals to enjoy.
If you are looking for delicious party ideas, or a vegetarian recipe for your Thanksgiving meal then this is one of the perfect thanksgiving recipes. This even goes well in your kid’s lunch box or best as picnic food.
Schezwan Sauce or Szhezwan Chutney
Schezwan sauce is easily available in the market and at the same time, it can be made with very few ingredients at home. I like to make my own Schezwan sauce. The main ingredients of this sauce are garlic and whole red chilly. Since the sauce is cooked in oil, it acts as a preservative. It stays fresh for longer when stored in the fridge. This sauce can be used in making Schezwan noodles or triple Schezwan or in many other Indo Chinese dishes.
I was actually planning to put up Triple Schezwan but had to change my plans last minute as I was not able to make Manchurian balls. Later did I realize that there were some in my freezer :-(. Yes make a big batch of Manchurian balls and store them in the freezer. I can then use them as and when required for Veg Manchurian.
What is Triple Szhezwan
Triple Schezwan is rice, noodles and Manchurian gravy all in one and hence the name Triple. One of our favourites and we indulge in this from street-side vendors whenever we are home. This Veg Schezwan Fried Rice is also a good way to use some leftover rice.
Recipe process of Veg Schezwan Fried Rice
This is one of the best recipes to use your leftover rice. Just toss the sauces and vegetables in your leftover rice and you have a makeover of your simple white rice.
The key to cooking any Indo Chinese dish is to cook it on high and especially when you are stir-frying it. In this recipe, all you do is saute ginger, garlic and onion in oil. Add the vegetables and cook it a little until just done but has a crunch. Then the sauces and rice is added and everything is mixed along. That’s it you are done, serve it hot along with some delicious Veg Manchurian or as is.
Is this Vegan
Yes, this is Vegan. But be sure to check the ingredients of Schezwan Sauce if at all it has any non-vegan ingredients. Generally, Schezwan sauce is made using all Vegan Ingredients.
Is this Gluten-Free
This has Soya sauce in it and hence it is not Gluten-Free. However, one can replace the soy sauce with tamari sauce and use gluten-free Schezwan sauce to make it gluten-free
Rice recipes on my blog:
- Carrot and Peas Pulao
- Tamarind Rice
- Kashmiri Pulao
- Mumbai Style Tawa Pulao
- Veg Fried Rice (Without Ajinomoto)
- Maharashtrian Tendli Bhaat | Ivy Gourd Rice (No Onion No Garlic)
- Brown Rice Chickpea Pulao
- Jeera Rice | Indian Cumin Rice (3 ways)
- Maharashtrian Masala Bhaat |Easy Masala Rice
- Puliyodharai |Tamarind Rice
- Simple Vegetable Biryani (No onion No Garlic)
- Tandoori Paneer Biryani | Paneer Tikka Biryani
- Rajasthani Gatta Pulao
- Awadhi Vegetable Biryani
- One-Pot Vegetable Mangodi Tahiri
Veg Schezwan Fried Rice
- 1 Bunch of Green onions / Scallions (Onion and the green finely chopped separately)
- 1/2 Cup Yellow/Red Pepper
- 8-10 green beans chopped finally
- 1/2 Cup Carrots into chopped into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 2-3 Cups of Cooked Rice
- 1 tablespoon Schezwan Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Ginger grated or finely chopped
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic grated or finely chopped
- In a wok add the oil.1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Once hot add the onion, garlic and ginger.1 Bunch of Green onions / Scallions, 2-3 Cloves of Garlic grated or finely chopped, 1 tablespoon Ginger grated or finely chopped
- Saute this on high for a few minutes.
- Now add in the carrots and green beans.1/2 Cup Carrots into chopped into small cubes, 8-10 green beans chopped finally
- Saute again on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the peppers, soya sauce, vinegar, schezwan sauce.1 tablespoon soya sauce, 1 teaspoon Vinegar, 1 tablespoon Schezwan Sauce, 1/2 Cup Yellow/Red Pepper
- Now add the rice and salt as per taste.2-3 Cups of Cooked Rice, Salt to taste
- Gently mix in everything.
- Give it a nice mix so that the sauces are well incoporated.
- Garnish with Spring onion greens and serve as is or with yummy Manchurian Gravy
- Do remember to do everything on high flame.
- We do not want the veggies to get mushy. They should have a crunch.
- 1 Cup = 235 ml
- 1 tablespoon = 15 ml
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list so that you get the new recipes straight in your mailbox.
Linking this with
[inlinkz_linkup id=817869 mode=1]