Vegan No Bake Avocado Cheese Cake
Well the name of the dish is Avocado cheese cake but it really does not have any cheese in it. Confused ? . It will unravel as you proceed :). The idea here is to make a dessert that uses vegan cheese or something close to cheese. Secondly this cheese cake is made using Maple Syrup and not from white sugar so it healthy . You can substitute the Maple Syrup with Honey as per your taste.
The base is made using dates and pecans so the amount of processed food is reduced . In short we are trying to make a dessert mostly from raw products. Since the base is not using any biscuits, it is Gluten free too. This dish does not use any gelatin or agar agar. It sets on it’s own due to the thick consistency of Avocado.
I was hunting for a recipe for avocados as I had 3 avocados which were ripe and my search landed me on this recipe. I loved this sugar free dessert recipe and immediately decided to make it. I did some minor changes to the recipe to suit my taste . Initially i was a bit worried about the quantity of lemon juice used but it’s needed due to avocado. I have garnished this dessert with some finely chopped pistachios to add crunch and slight salty flavor but it is completely optional.
So here goes the recipe:-
Vegan No Bake Avocado Cheesecake
For the Base
- 75 gms Pecans (Can substitute with Walnuts)
- 125 gms Pitted Dates
- 25 gms Coconut Oil (Melted & at Room Temperature)
- 20 gm Desiccated Coconut
- 20 gm Cocoa Powder
For the top
- 3 Avocado (approximately 400 gm flesh)
- 65 gm Coconut Oil (Melted & at Room Temperature)
- 100 ml Maple Syrup (can be substituted with Honey)
- 100 ml Lemon or Lime Juice
For The Base
- Line a 6 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the coconut oil and let cool.
- Put all the ingredients of the base in a food processor or a powerful blender. Process until it forms a crumbly mass.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared baking pan. Press it evenly from all the sides and refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
For the top layer
- Melt the coconut oil and let it cool.
- Process all the ingredients of the top layer to a smooth puree.
- Remove the baking pan from the refrigerator and pour the puree on the top.
- Even it out with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours.
- One can garnish with chopped pistachios, but it is completely optional. Cut and Serve.
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to:
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.