Bedai (Dal Puri’s)
Last updated on July 25, 2018
Preparation (Step by Step pictures down)
- Knead the dough with 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tsp ajmain, salt. It should not be too stiff.
- Let it rest for 1 -2 hrs.
- Grind the udad dal coarsely.
- In a kadai or pan, take 1 tablespoon oil, add 1 tsp jeera, 1tsp turmeric and udad dal. now add 1-2 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp salt.
- Cook on slow flame till all the water evaporates and the dal is done. It should be dry.
- Let the mixture cool.
- Divide the dough into equal sized balls around 1 inch in diameter.
- Take 1 ball and start pressing it and making a hole in center and add the stuffing into it. (Or alternatively Roll out a 2 inch puri and add the stuffing into it.) Seal it and again roll into 2 inch size puri.
- While rolling the puri be careful not too apply too much pressure or the dough will crack and all the stuffing will come out. It should be thick puri.
- Fry on medium to slow flame from both sides.
- Serve it with hot and spicy Aloo Saag.
Check out different types of Paratha’s and Puri’s by clicking here
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.