Easy Eggless Mango Cake is a light, moist, and delicious tea-time cake bursting with mango flavor. A perfect treat for your picnics or best as an after-school snack.
This Eggless Whole Wheat cake is a simple one-bowl cake and can be made with easy ingredients available. One can use fresh mango pulp or canned mango pulp which is available throughout the year.
This eggless cake is butterless and is made without any condensed milk. It uses oil and milk for fats.
Texture of the cake
As seen below the texture of this whole wheat cake is light and moist, yet firm enough. This cake hence can be frosted or used as a base cake for birthday parties.
One can decorate the cake with some fresh cream or buttercream icing and make a birthday cake.
This Mango cake can be enjoyed as is, or with a topping of some freshly cut mango or some mango puree topped on it. A Simple dusting of Icing sugar will also work.
Few More Easy Cake recipes
If you want to try such easy cake recipe, try this Easy Eggless Rava cake which uses semolina as the flour or this Eggless Whole Wheat Tutti Fruity cake which does not use any butter.
And did you try the two most popular cakes on my blog? This Lemon cake does not use any baking powder or baking soda. And this Eggless, Butterless, and Sugarless Dates and Walnut cake. If not, do try it and let me know. Loads of my followers have tried it with successful results.
Why Mango Cake?
My daughter loves mango and she is all gaga about it. Though she loves to eat the raw mango directly I thought of surprising her with something different and something which she loves.
Also, last month our Shhh group we were celebrating the Mango theme suggested by Mayuri. So when my partner Sujata Roy gave me Milk and Oil as the secret ingredients I decided to make this mango cake.
Before I hop on to let you know the recipe process for this Mango cake, do check this Gujarati Mango Kadhi prepared by Mayuri and Red Mango Chickpea curry prepared by Sujata.
Recipe process of Easy Eggless Mango Cake
The recipe is quite simple and does not need any special mixer or machine. All you do is mix all the ingredients and bake. It is a one-bowl easy eggless cake recipe. Though I am adding the wet and dry ingredients separately one can do all of that in the same bowl. I have a habit of keeping this separate and hence I follow the same. If you are using a one-bowl, just add the dry ingredients to the wet one by one.
In a wide bowl, add the mango puree. Now add oil and milk. To this add sugar and mix. Now sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder, and salt either in a separate bowl and add to the wet mix. Or slowly sift one by one ingredient into the wet ingredients in batches and mix. Do not add all the dry ingredients in one go or else you will have a hard time making a lump-free batter. Also overmixing or overworking the batter will make the cake stiff.
The next step is to pour the batter into a prepared baking tin and bake in the oven. The baking is done once a toothpick inserted comes out clean or it starts leaving the edges of the cake.
One can decorate or garnish the cake with fresh mango pieces or mango puree. A simple dusting of icing sugar will also work. And if you like to make this as a base for your party cake, ice and decorate with fresh buttercream or freshly whipped cream icing.
Type of Mangoes to use
Alphonso or Kesari mango will go best for this recipe, however, one can use any sweet variety of mango.
I have used whole wheat flour here as now I hardly use all-purpose or plain flour in my baking. However one can use all-purpose flour or plain flour.
I have used light brown sugar for this recipe. One can replace it with granulated white sugar. I love to use brown sugar in my cakes as it gives a nice earthy flavor to the cake as well as adds a rich color.
For flavoring, I have used cardamom powder. It gives a nice sutle flavor to the cake and pairs well with mango. It also adds a bit of Indian flavor to the cake. One can use mango essence or vanilla essence in place of cardamom.
Oil or Butter
Vegetable oil is being used for fats. One can use any flavorless oil in the cake. Butter can be replaced with Oil if required.
Cow milk is being used for this cake. Vegans can replace it with vegan milk.
Nuts and choco chips
One can even add nuts to this mango cake. Choco chips will go well in this and one can make a Chocolate marble Mango cake, by adding some cocoa powder to part of the batter.
Mango Pulp or fresh mangoes
I have used store-bought mango pulp as sourcing fresh ripe mangoes are not easy here. If you are using fresh mango, you would need to add more sugar. Check below in the recipe card for the ratio.
Shelf life of Mango Cake
This cake will stay good at room temperature for 2 days. If you are keeping it longer it is best to refrigerate it. It will be good for 4-5 days. Please note, if you have added fresh mango puree for decorations, refrigerate it from day 1.
Can you freeze this Mango Cake?
Yes absolutely. Just let it cool down completely and slice it. Arrange on a tray and freeze it. When the slices are freezed, store them in a zip lock bag or an air-tight container in the freezer. When you need it to defrost it and warm it slightly and serve.
Ways to use Leftover Cake
- One can make cake pops.
- One can make trifle puddings.
- I like to make cake rusk when I am not in a mood to eat or add more sweet. Cut the cake into slices and bake in an oven at 160 Deg C for 1 hour or until the cake is done. Do turn in between.
Pin it for later
Easy Eggless Mango Cake
- 2 cups – 320 grams of Whole Wheat Flour
- 1.5 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Mango Pulp -See notes if using fresh mango puree
- ¾ Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar -Can be replaced with white granulated sugar
- ⅓ Cup Oil
- ¾ Cup Milk -see Notes
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C / 350 Deg F.
- Prepare a 7-inch bundt pan or an 8 inches * 4 inches loaf pan by greasing it with oil and dusting it with flour.
- Sift in the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom powder.2 cups – 320 grams of Whole Wheat Flour, 1.5 teaspoon Baking Powder, ½ teaspoon Baking Soda, ¼ teaspoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- In another large bowl add the Mango Pulp.1 Cup Mango Pulp
- To this add oil, milk, and brown sugar.⅓ Cup Oil, ¾ Cup Milk, ¾ Cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- Mix the sugar until it dissolves.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients in batches mixing thoroughly.
- Do not over mix, just try to make a lump-free batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Gently give a tap.
- Bake in a preheated oven at180 Deg C / 350 Deg F for 45-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Standard US Size Cups and spoons used
- I had to use around 1 Cup of milk as my batter was quite thick. I would say to start with ¾ cup milk and add slowly if required. Whole wheat flour at times absorbs more liquid.
- If using fresh mango puree, add around 3/4 cup of more Sugar
- Cardamom powder can be replaced with Vanilla essence
- Nuts and Choco chips can be added
- I was able to make one, 7-inch Bundt pan and 2 mini muffins. Had a slight extra batter.
- Any shape cake tin will work for this cake, however, the shape and the material of the cake tin used will change the baking time.
- Weight of flour changes depending on the flour used.
- Video to be uploaded soon.
Sharing this with
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below, and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Also, I would love to see your creations, take a picture, and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, and @cookwithrenu_ad on Instagram.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.
Sunday 10th of July 2022
Easy eggless mango cake ssounds absolutely irresistible. Delicious treat for all mango lovers. Cake has such a lively crumb Renu. Bookmarking this recipe.
Friday 1st of July 2022
Stunning cake! The cake looks soft and moist! This is the perfect one for me as I am addicted to mangoes! YUMMY!
Wednesday 29th of June 2022
Eggless Mango Cake is all time fav. In summer this is a must cake to enjoy, particularly for my boy!
Thursday 23rd of June 2022
Look at the colour and the crumb of the cake. Loving it Renu. I wish I could taste a piece. Cake looks so soft moist and delicious. I love the flavour of mango so I am going to try it soon.
Wednesday 22nd of June 2022
Mango cake is a delightful Summer treat ! Love that you have made it with whole wheat flour. I usually use jaggery powder in almost all my bakes.