I was not knowing about this fruit until a few years back. I use to see this in the supermarket’s unaware how to use it and even pick it. As there were ripe ones as well as unripe ones available. At first look I use to think the ripe ones have gone bad. Then I googled and found that this is one of the healthiest Super food on the planet. Good source of energy and contains a lot of essential vitamins and minerals. There are various health benefits linked to consumption of Avocado’s. They are mostly eaten raw, as a dessert or in form of salads with salt and pepper. The most popular use of avocados is in the form of guacamole, a traditional Mexican dip. Avocado’s can be replaced with butter or oil while baking or a replacement for mayonnaise.
I use avocado in my salads, in my fruit custards, in baking, as a spread or in dips in Avacado Gucamole and in Paratha’s. After seeing many recipes of avocado and chocolate I wanted to give this a try. I made this Avocado chocolate mousse using honey instead of sugar and I used raw cocoa powder instead of regular cocoa powder. Due to this the mousse was not sweet but will leave your pallet with a mild bitter-sweet taste due to raw cocoa, enough to satisfy my sweet craving and that too guilt free :-). I can even have this for breakfast :-). One can replace the honey with sugar. This is a very simple and quick recipe,with just 5 ingredients and done in 5 minutes from start to finish, excluding the chilling time. Just put everything in a food processor or a mixer and you are done.
This can be converted to vegan simply by replacing the milk with coconut milk or any preferred milk and honey with maple syrup.
Some more chocolate dishes on my blog:
No Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
No-Bake Chocolate Ball (Chokladboll)
Whole Wheat Chocolate Banana Pan Cake
Zucchini chocolate Wholewheat Cake/Bread
So here goes the recipe
- 2 medium size Avocado pitted
- 1/4 cup milk (can be replaced by heavy cream, I did not wanted to add fat content)
- 1/4 cup Raw Cocoa powder (can be replaced by normal cocoa powder, and reduce to 1/8 cup if you do not like much of cocoa flavor)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Cup Honey (can be replaced by sugar)
- 1/4 cup Almonds (optional – I added for the crunch, one can replace it with any other nut or skip it completely)
- Simply put all the ingredients except almonds in your food processor and give it a nice mix until all well blended.
- Once well blended add the almonds and give a mix again, so that the almonds are coarsely chopped and not a fine paste.
- That’s it, you are done. Chill it and Serve.
- Garnish with some chopped chocolate if required.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.