Nasturtium Blossoms Avocado Guacamole is a quick and easy peppery guacamole made using Avocado and edible Nasturtium flowers.
Edible flowers make colourful and pleasing guacamole. Something completely different to serve and enjoy. Colourful guacamole that will be enjoyed by your guest and would be devoured with much interest.
Yes, again a recipe from Nasturtium and you will be like I am gone crazy. But it is best to use your fresh homegrown and organic produce in whatever you can. I certainly do not want to go it waste.
Ingredients for Nasturtium Blossoms Avocado Guacamole
So the two main ingredients in this recipe are Nasturtium and Avocado. The first ingredient Nasturtium is packed with nutrition and helps your immune system. With so much to offer by this edible herb, it is good to use it in different recipes.
An easy recipe that uses Nasturtium leaves and stems is this yoghurt dip, Nasturtium Leaves & Stems Raita and if you want to preserve your garden harvest, then nothing better than this Instant Pot Nasturtium Grapefruit Marmalade.
The second main ingredient Avocado is rich with a creamy texture. It is high in fats but good fats. It can easily be replaced by butter in many of your baking or as a healthy spread on your sandwiches.
In baking, I like to replace the avocado in Whole Wheat Chocolate Avocado Banana Muffins and in this Breakfast Spelt and Oats Muffins. Few other ways I enjoy avocado is with this simple no-cook Raw Avocado Basil Dip (Oil-Free) or in this Indian Style Avocado Lassi |Avocado Yogurt Smoothie.
The remaining ingredients are just salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice for taste and flavour.
Recipe process of Nasturtium Blossoms Avocado Guacamole
I have kept this guacamole very simple. I wanted the peppery flavour from edible Nasturtium flowers to shine in this guacamole. So I just added salt, black pepper and lemon juice to this. One can play around and add onion, tomato, pepper, garlic, cilantro etc. Like in this Chunky Avocado Salsa.
How to Eat Guacamole?
As with other guacamole, this will go well with almost everything. You can enjoy this as is or as a dip with carrots, cucumbers, chips or nachos, as a salad dressing. It will also go well with your falafel or as a spread in a falafel sandwich or a pita bread. One can replace this Nasturtium Blossoms Avocado Guacamole with butter in your favourite burger or a sandwich.
Nasturtium Blossoms Avocado Guacamole
- Mortar & Pestle
- 1 large Avocado
- 1.5-2 Cups of Nasturtium flowers. -More or less can be added depending on the taste.
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Cut the avocado and remove the pit. Check here how to cut an avocado and remove the pit.1 large Avocado
- Mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Roughly chop or crush the Nasturtium flowers in a mortar and pestle.1.5-2 Cups of Nasturtium flowers.
- Add the chopped or crushed flowers in the bowl.
- Add lemon juice, black pepper powder and salt.2 tablespoon lemon juice, Black pepper powder to taste, Salt to taste
- Mix everything and enjoy.
- It is best to consume this fresh.
- If you want to store it, cover it and keep it refrigerated.
- The ingredient ratio can be adjusted to taste.
If you tried this recipe, please comment and rate the recipe. Tag me at @cookwithrenu_ad on Instagram.
Subscribe to my email list to get the new recipes straight into your mailbox.