You can jump to the recipe, but you will miss the tips and tricks mentioned in the post
No Bake Chocolate Weetabix Energy Slice is a perfect mid evening snack or your after workout snack loaded with the goodness of Dates and Dark Chocolate. It is free from any white sugar and also serves as a healthy sweet to curb your sugar cravings.
I am starting this week with the Choco October fest Wherein for the next 6 days I will be sharing some yummy chocolate recipes. My calorie conscious friends need not worry as the recipes will be also healthy . My first dish in this series is Chocolate Weetabix.
Surprised to see a barfi/energy bar made with Weetabix and dates. Even I was, when I saw this recipe here, but believe me this dish is really tasty and quick to make . Your kids will also enjoy it and its healthy too. I was very sceptical if my son will even eat this energy bar, but he loved it and daily reminded me if he can have a slice. So yes I have to make a second batch very soon.
How and what goes in No Bake Chocolate Weetabix Energy Slice
These energy bars are very quick to make and does not require any cooking or baking, except for the melting of the chocolate which is again completely optional. Just mix everything in a powerful blender or a food processor and you are done. So in 2-3 minutes you have a healthy and yummy snack. If you are skipping chocolate or use a good quality chocolate this can be one go to breakfast or a snack.
Few more No Cook Chocolate Recipes
- Healthy Avocado Chocolate Mousse
- No-Bake Chocolate Ball (Chokladboll)
- Chocolate Oreo Milkshake
- 2 Ingredients Hazelnut Chocolate Butter
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Candy Bites
Ideas for Lunch Box? Download our Free Lunch Box Plan
Pin it for Later:
No Bake Chocolate Weetabix Energy Slice
- 1 Cup Dates pitted
- 2 tbsp Honey (can be replaced with maple syrup)
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Desccated Coconut
- 2 tbsp water
- 5 Weetabix or Wheat biscuits
- 80 gm Dark Chocolate (I took double the quanitity, as I wanted a thick layer)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor except for the Dark Chocolate.
- Blitz until it comes together like a ball. This make take 2-3 minutes.
- In the meantime, line a baking sheet or a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave for short burst until melted. One can even use a double boiler for this.
- Once the mixture is done, press it into the baking sheet or a loaf tin.
- Pour the melted chocolate on top and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- 1 Cup = 235 ml, 1 tbsp= 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml
- Use a good quality Dark Chocolate, best is >70 Perc
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list so that you get the new recipes straight in your mailbox.