I added the ingredients without measurement but I tried to put them in quantity below.
- 3/4 Cup Cabbage finely grated
- 3/4 Cup Zucchini finely grated.
- 1/2 Cup Onion finely grated. (optional can be replaced by any vegetable)
- 1/2 inch ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped or grated (optional)
- 1/4 cup Rice Flour
- 1/2-3/4 Cup Gram Flour / Chick Pea Flour / Besan
- Green Chillies Grated as per taste
- Red Chilli powder as per taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- Salt as per taste (If you do not give salt to baby first remove a small batch)
- Ghee/Clarified Butter (I use this for baby food instead of oil)
- Oil for shallow and deep frying
- Mix all the above ingredients and make a dough. Just press the vegetables in your hand to release some water if required. One should be able to form balls out of the mixture. If there is more moisture add more Gram Flour / Chick Pea Flour / Besan (Do not add Water)
- Make small balls out of it around 1 inch diameter. (I directly put it in hot oil and hence they are not uniform).
- If there is more moisture at the end sprinkle a little Gram Flour / Chick Pea Flour / Besan
- Add the balls in hot oil.
- Deep fry the balls on medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve yummy hot pakodas with tomato ketchup.
- Heat a pan and add very little (1/4 teaspoon) Ghee/Butter/Oil.
- Take a dollop of mixture and press it against the pan to form a round pancake. One can use oil to grease the fingers or simply wet your fingers in water and gently dab the mixture to form a pancake.
- Once the top becomes dry or underside is cooked add a bit of Ghee/Butter/Oil and flip.
- Cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or cut into bit size pieces for the baby.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.