I am not getting tired of my experiments with Zucchini. I love this versatile vegetable. It is good equally in savory and sweet dishes. Now this was on my mind for long. Always thought if we can make Dudhi halwa, why can’t I try Zucchini Halwa. I dont know if this already exist or someone already tried it, I simply made it because I wanted to give it a try and what came in my mind. The halwa was a bit moist. On our first bite we felt a bit different, only because we have never tried it and a bit apprehensive about the taste. But on the second and the third bite the taste developed and yes we were craving for more. We loved it and I am definitely going to make this beauty again. It’s healthy and ready in minutes.
So here goes the recipe:
- 2 Medium size Zucchini grated (6 inches – roughly around 500 gms )
- 200 ml (1/2 Tin) Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 teaspoon Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped nuts (I used Almonds)
- In a thick pot or Kadai (wok) add ghee.
- Once the ghee is melted add grated Zucchini and cook on medium for around 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a bit soft. (A bit careful here, we do not want it to be all soggy).
- Add the Condensed milk and let it cook on medium flame stirring every 3-4 minute or so until the milk evaporates or reduces to just around 1 tablespoon.
- Switch off the gas, and add the Elaichi Powder and Chopped Nuts.
- Yummy and healthy Zucchini Halwa is ready.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.