Dudhi Halwa (Lauki/Bottle Gourd Dessert)
Last Updated on
Most of the times we literally think what to make with this vegetable. There are many options, but unfortunately this vegetable is not liked by all. I always make Dudhi Paratha or Dudhi Kofta or even a pancake of it. This time I had an occasion and I wanted to make a dessert, so thought of making Dudhi halwa. To be true this was my third attempt, as in the earlier two the dudhi did not turn out well as I think i did not gave it enough time to cook in the start. This time with a little doubt, but still positive that it will turn out good , I gave it a go. So here goes the recipe:
- 1/2 Dudhi/Lauki/Bottle Gourd grated (6 inches – roughly around 2 Cups )
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Elaichi (Cardamom) Powder
- 1/4 Cup finely chopped nuts (I used almonds and Cashew)
- In a thick pot or Kadai (wok) add ghee.
- Once the ghee is melted add Dudhi and cook on medium for around 8-10 minutes, until it becomes a bit soft.
- Add the Milk and let it cook on medium flame stirring every 3-4 minute or so until the milk evaporates or reduces to just around 1 tablespoon.
- Add Sugar and cook for another 4-5 minutes stirring continuously until the sugar has completely mixed into it and the mixture is not watery.
- Switch off the gas, and add the Elaichi Powder and Chopped Nuts.
- Yummy and healthy Dudhi Halwa is ready.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.