Avocado Hummus / Guacamole
Last Updated on
Avocado, green skin fleshy body. I was completely unaware of this fruit in the start. Did not knew what it is, how to cook it and use it. Neither knew it’s health benefits. But now It has replaced butter or jam in my daily food and its loved by my family. I simply make the hummus and consume it within 2-3 days, generally I use it in my morning breakfast, a spread on roti/chapati or bread. It is ideally to be eaten fresh. I have even made healthy muffins and our Indian Paratha out of it and it taste yummy. In muffins no one can guess, there is Avocado in it. The flesh of avocado turns brown when in contact with air. To prevent this lime juice can be added. Refer the link to read about the Avocado and the health benefits of it.
- Ripe Avocado
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves grated
- 1 tablespoon of Fresh Lime Juice (It has to be a bit tangy, so one can add more as per taste)
- Salt as per taste
- Finely chopped Corainder or Parsley (if you like the taste of Parsley) around 1 tablespoon
- Cut a ripe Avocado into half. Gently remove the skin with hand. Do not remove the pit or the core in the start. Let it be there.
- With the help of a fork mash the avocado.
- Add the lime juice, grated garlic and finely chopped coriander.
- Discard the pit or the core now.
- Use it as a spread in bread/chapati/roti or use it as a dip or use it as is. Completely healthy and yummy.
To check if an Avocado is ripe or not, refer the link How to tell if an Avocado is ripe
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.