Zucchini, Carrot and Spring Onion Vegetable Sandwich
Zucchini or Courgette is a summer squash and is a vegetable and is generally lightly cooked and served as a savory dish or accompaniment. Generally grilled , stuffed or one can even make a chocolate Zucchini bread or a simple Zucchini Banana bread. The list is endless. This time I simply added this as a filling in a sandwich along with spring onion and a little carrot, with some Italian herbs. This is completely nutritious but its taste is a little strong, as it has spring onion’s and dried Italian herbs. One can simply omit the herbs if required. I liked it as it is very light on the tummy and made as a toasted sandwich. So here goes the recipe:
- 1/2 grated Zucchini (Grate it along with the skin)
- 2-3 Spring onions chopped along with the green’s.
- 1/4 cup of carrots grated.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Oregano (Can use fresh also)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Parsley (Can use fresh also)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Basil (Can use fresh also)
- 1 tablespoon of Thick curd (or cream cheese)
- salt to taste.
- 6 Bread slices
- Butter to toast the bread
- In a non stick pan, lightly toast the bread slices using butter on one side.
- Lightly crush all the dried herbs within your palm and mix it along with the vegetables, curd or cream cheese and salt. If using cheese, add less salt. Use the vegetable mixture immediately or else the vegetables will release water and the sandwiches will become soggy.
- Spread the vegetable mixture on the toasted side of 3 slices of bread.
- Cover or close with the other 3 slices, toasted side facing inside on the sandwich.
- Now again lightly toast the sandwich using butter on both the sides in a non-stick pan or in a sandwich maker.
- Yummy and healthy Vegetable toasted sandwich are ready. Serve it hot with Tomato Ketchup.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.
Last Updated on