Desiccated Coconut Barfi
A sweet with just 4 ingredients and made in maximum 10 minutes, at least the cooking time, yes you heard me right. I was also surprised, when I made this, it was so quick. Though I used ready to use ingredients like condensed milk , but sometimes you need something quick and sometimes due to availability, and this one is definitely the one.
My mother makes the barfi the traditional way, with mawa, coconut powder, sugar syrup, and it is lip smacking. Will surely try to make it and post the recipe.
So here goes the recipe………..
- 300 gm Desiccated coconut
- 1 tin (400 gm) Sweetened Condensed milk
- 100 gm Cashews (Kaju) chopped
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pistachio for garnishing (I kept mine a bit coarse, one can finely chop it)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Clarified Butter (Ghee) for greasing
- In a Kadai(wok) lightly dry roast the desiccated coconut for 2-3 minutes. (One can use coconut powder also). Remove it and keep it aside for later use.
- In a Kadai(wok) warm the condensed milk for about 5 minutes on a medium flame stirring continuously.
- Add in the desiccated coconut and mix it properly. Will take 2-3 minutes
- Add in the chopped cashews, mix it and switch off the gas.
- Grease a tray or a plate with ghee.
- Spread the mixture on it and flatten it with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachio on it and lightly press it.
- After 10 minutes, give it a cut in desired shape and let it set at room temperature or in the fridge.
- I kept mine in fridge for around 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the pieces with the help of a large flat spoon.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.