Paneer Tikka (Indian Style Grilled Cottage Cheese & Vegetables)
Paneer or Indian cottage cheese is a very common cheese used in Indian cuisine. It is protein rich and very healthy and an easy substitute for chicken for vegetarian’s. It gives you instant energy.It is such a versatile ingredient that it can be used in starter’s, main course or in desserts. It can be consumed raw, shallow fried with ghee(clarified butter) or in any of the dishes. The possibilities are endless. And yes it can be easily made at home, check out how to make Homemade Paneer here.
If you want to check some delicious paneer recipes do click on the links below:
Broccoli and Paneer Paratha
Butter Paneer Masala
Kale, Broccoli and Paneer Sandwich
Matar Paneer (No Onion No Garlic)
Mung Sprouts & Methi Chila (PanCake), with Cabbage & Paneer Stuffing
Paneer (Cottage Cheese) Paratha
Paneer BabyCorn (No Onion no Garlic – Medium Gravy)
Vegetable Paneer Kofta
Vegetable Paneer Kofta Curry
Today I have made a simple marinade with few masalas and yogurt, I sometimes also add green marinade made from coriander, mint and green chillies or another one from gram flour. All of them taste delicious and can be enjoyed as is, or as a starter or with roti or naan (Indian Style flat Bread). I have added tomatoes, onion and peppers (capsicum) along with paneer, one can add any other vegetables as one wish too. I added some Turmeric, red chilly powder, Garam masala, salt, oil and lemon to hung curd or Greek yogurt and that’s it you are done. Hung curd is yogurt or curd without any water as we really need the marinade to be thick. The vegetables will eventually release the juices. One can skip the Garam masala if not available. I always have my jar of Homemade Garam Masala by my mom. Mustard oil is the preferred oil as it adds a distinct flavour to it, but you can swap it with vegetable or sunflower oil.
To make Hung curd take all the curd in muslin cloth, loosely wrap it, keep it on a sieve and keep a vessel below it, so that it does not touch the bottom. Let it sit in fridge for 10-12 hours to remove all the water. If you have Greek yogurt available, you can simply use that.
This can be used as a great party food, as you just marinate the mix the earlier day. On the day of party just grill it and serve.
So here goes the recipe
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 250 gms Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 2 Tomatoes de-seeded and cut into 4
- Peppers/Capscicum cut into large rectangles or squares
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala (as per taste)
- 1 teaspoon Red chilly powder (as per taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- Salt as per taste
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon Mustard oil (or Vegetable Oil)
- Cut the paneer into cubes and similarly cut the tomatoes and peppers.
- I just made 2 cuts for tomatoes , we do not want them to be small as it is going to shrink.
- In a bowl add yogurt/Curd, add the spices i.e. Turmeric, red chilly powder, Garam Masala, salt and oil.
- Give everything a quick mix.
- Add the paneer and the vegetables and coat the yogurt mixture nicely and evenly on all the pieces.
- Cover it with a cling wrap and let it marinate for 4-5 hours or best overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg celcius or preheat an outdoor grill/Barbeque.
- Skewer paneer and vegetables alternately in soaked bamboo skewers.
- Grill for 8-15 minutes until you get those beautiful brown marks. You would need to rotate in between on an outdoor grill/Barbeque. Pic below after 4-5 minutes.
- Serve it as is or with some Green Coriander Chutney.
Pin it for Later:
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.
Sending this to:
#CookoutWeek 2018 is here! During the next week, I am joining over 50 of my blogger friends to celebrate summer by posting delicious cookout-themed recipes. If you love grilling, frozen treats, picnics, berries, s’mores, campfire meals, and other summer goodies… you are in the right place!
This week, we are also hosting a HUGE giveaway thanks to our generous #CookoutWeek sponsors. Enter below to win. Here’s what one lucky will will receive:
- Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill from blog hosts The PinterTest Kitchen. This grill has 280 square inches of cooking space over porcelain-coated grates and two 12-inch side shelves for extra prep space.
- A Red KitchenAid Mixer and 5 Flavored Butters from our friends at Chef Shamy. Make the World a Butter Place® with Chef Shamy! The winner will receive Garlic Butter, Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, Strawberry Honey Butter, and French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese to use in your favorite cookout recipes. And if you just can’t wait, use 10BUTTER10 starting today to get 10% off your Chef Shamy butter order on Amazon. These butters contain no oil, and the savory butters are perfect for keto recipes.
- A Duck Product Pack from our friends at Maple Leaf Farms consisting of 2 pkgs All Natural Boneless Duck Breasts (7.5 oz), 2 pkgs Fully Cooked Roast Half Ducks w/Orange Sauce (14 oz), 1 pkg Duck Bacon (12 oz), and 1 pkg All Natural Duck Legs (16 oz). Maple Leaf Farms is celebrating its 60th anniversary raising White Pekin ducks on local, family-owned farms.
- Butter-flavored Organic Coconut Oil from our friends at Barlean’s. This dairy free option offers all the healthy benefits of organic coconut oil, with the rich taste of butter. It’s great on toast, popcorn, baked potatoes, or cooked vegetables. You can also substitute it 1:1 for butter in baking, cooking, and frying, and of course it is perfect as a butter substitute for all your favorite cookout recipes.
- 24 Cartons of Vinegar Shots from our friends at Vermont Village. You’ll receive 12 cartons of turmeric flavor and 12 cartons of cranberry flavor. Each carton contains 12 individual, 1 fluid ounce vinegar shot pouches! This raw, organic apple cider vinegar has rich flavors from whole foods and is sweetened naturally with honey.
That’s a prize pack worth over $750! To enter, follow our sponsors and bloggers on social media by entering your information below: a Rafflecopter giveaway Here’s a full list of the bloggers participating in #CookoutWeek 2018! You can find yummy recipes by checking out any of the links below: The PinterTest Kitchen ♥ 2 Cookin Mamas ♥ A Day in the Life on the Farm ♥ A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures ♥ April GoLightly ♥ Authentically Candace ♥ Blogghetti ♥ Body Rebooted ♥ Bottom Left of the Mitten ♥ Cheese Curd In Paradise ♥ Chef Sarah Elizabeth ♥ Coconut & Lime ♥ Cookaholic Wife ♥ CookwithRenu ♥ Daily Dish Recipes ♥ Everyday EileenFairyburger ♥ Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice ♥ Family Around the Table ♥ Fix Me a Little Lunch ♥ For the Love of Food ♥ Frankly Entertaining ♥ Frugal & Fit ♥ Get the Good Stuff! ♥ Hardly A Goddess ♥ Herbivore Cucina ♥ Join Us, Pull up a Chair ♥ Jolene’s Recipe Journal ♥ Jonesin’ For Taste ♥ Karen’s Kitchen Stories ♥ Kelly Lynn’s Sweets & Treats ♥ Mildly Meandering ♥ Moore or Less Cooking ♥ Our Good Life ♥ Oven Tales By Syama ♥ Palatable Pastime ♥ Sarah Cooks the Books ♥ Savory Moments ♥ Seduction In The Kitchen ♥ Strawberry Blondie Kitchen ♥ Sweet Coralice ♥ Tampa Cake Girl ♥ Technotini ♥ That Recipe ♥ The Baking Fairy ♥ The Beard and The Baker ♥ The Freshman Cook ♥ The Simple Supper ♥ The Spiffy Cookie ♥ The Weekday Gourmet ♥ This is How I Cook ♥ Who Needs A Cape? ♥ Wildflour’s Cottage Kitchen Comment below with your favorite cookout recipe!