Sharing is caring!
I love chocolate and I love Ice cream and so does my family, so why not go for a homemade chocolate ice cream which has a lovely creamy texture and taste like store bought and at the same time with less sugar and much healthier. I have served this and my other ice creams to my guest and have seen their jaw drops when I said them this is homemade.
This ice cream does not require any ice cream maker. It is very simple and can be done within minutes. The only thing you need to do is whip the cream. If you have an electric beater than whipping cream takes a minute or so, if not, it’s fun to do some exercise at times to whip the cream or else if you do not want to do that, just bring some store bought whipped cream. Now just mix the whip cream, milkmaid and some cocoa powder and you are done. I do not like to mix my ice cream to a smooth texture, as I like the ribbony texture in my ice cream. It’s up to you. Just freeze it for a few hours and you have one perfect rich, creamy homemade chocolate ice cream without any ice cream maker.
One can play around with different flavors in this. I have made strawberry, raspberry, blueberry , Kesar pista, pan masala etc. I am making mango flavor currently. The possibilities are endless. The original recipe is taken from here . I started making this ice creams 3-4 years back and since then every summers I have at least 2-3 flavors in my freezer. So enjoy.
So here goes the recipe:
- 1 Cup Cream (235 ml)
- 1/2 Can Condensed Milk (200 gm)
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder (more or less as per choice)
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate Chips (I sometimes add, sometimes leave it)
- If you are whipping the cream at home, the key thing to remember is everything should be cold, from your beaters, bowl, cream. If not, keep them in fridge for sometime, it really helps.
- Whip the cream until it attains a whipping consistency.
- Gently add the condensed milk and fold into the whipped cream. Do not mix it vigorously. We do not want the whipped cream to deflate.
- Add the cocoa powder and again fold to the texture required.
- If adding chocolate chips add it and gently fold in the mixture.
- That’s it, you are done. Freeze it for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Serve and Enjoy the homemade delicious ice cream.
Some more summer food:
2 Ingredients Mango Yogurt Smoothie
2 Ingredients Strawberry Milkshake
Chocolate Oreo Milkshake
Oats Plum Banana MilkShake
Mix Fruit Juice (Plum | Orange | Kiwi)
Paneer Tikka (Indian Style Grilled Cottage Cheese & Vegetables)
Pin it for Later:
Sending This To:
#CookoutWeek 2018 is here! During the next week, I am joining over 50 of my blogger friends to celebrate summer by posting delicious cookout-themed recipes. If you love grilling, frozen treats, picnics, berries, s’mores, campfire meals, and other summer goodies… you are in the right place!
Sharing is caring!