Gluten Free Peach crisp is a delicious and quick dessert recipe that uses fresh peaches, gluten free oats, sunflower seeds, Chia seeds, Brown Sugar and butter. And if you are not that calorie-conscious you can enjoy this as a breakfast too as this can be baked in as little as 25-30 minutes. You would have one delicious breakfast instead of the regular oats porridge.
Crisp, Crumble, and Cobbler, What’s the difference?
Well, it was confusing for me too, as when I used to see the pics, they used to resemble the same. Basically all have some fruits being baked with one or the other kind of toppings.
Cobbler generally has a biscuit topping on fresh fruit. Biscuits or dollops of batter are dropped onto the fruit in small rounds. It gives them the appearance of a cobbled road or cobblestones streets and hence the name.
Crumble is a dish of baked fresh fruit with streusel crumb topping. Streusel crumb topping means a mixture of flour, butter, and sugar. It has a cakey texture and is a very rich and classy dessert best-eaten piping hot.
Next the recipe of today, Crisp. Crisp is a dish of baked fresh fruit but with a lighter version of crumble. It will not have flour but generally, oats, butter, and sugar mixture is added on the top. The oats will crisp while baking and would have a nice and delicious crunch while baking.
Fresh Fruits in Baking
Using fresh fruits in baking or grilling naturally releases their juices. They become tender and are deliciously moist and sweet. The natural sugar from the fruits elevates the dish. I like to use blueberries and raspberries in my baking more. However this time it was the turn of peaches as our Baking Bloggers group voted to bake something with Peaches.
Though I was more inclined to do a cobbler as it is DH’s favorite, I wanted to enjoy something light and yummy. I decided to go with Crisp. I am delighted I did this, as I could eat oats in another form. Yes, I do not like Oats in milk or in porridge form and generally come up with savory oats recipes.
Like I love to make this Oats Vegetable Chila (Pancake) or this Oats chivda (Spicy Trail Mix), or this Savory 10 minutes Vegetable Upma or this delicious toddler-friendly Vegan baked oats and vegetable bites or this Wholemeal and Oats Carrot Crackers.
And if you like oats in milk or yogurt you would love to try this Apple Granola Overnight Oats or this Sugarless Cacoa Oats Breakfast Smoothie and one of my favorite oats recipe is this oats cookie, i.e. Beetroot and oats cookies.
Ingredients Used in Gluten Free Peach Crisp:
I have used fresh donut peaches here. They are flat and resemble donut shapes and hence the name. They are a bit less on the sweeter side than the normal yellow peaches. One can use any peaches here or nectarine. Even canned or frozen peaches will work well for this Gluten Free Peach Crisp.
I have used rolled oats here to add a nice crunch to the final bake. Oats are naturally gluten free. But they are generally handled in close proximity to gluten free products. So if you are allergic to gluten, be sure to buy from a certified shop.
Sunflower seeds are added again to increase the nutrient portion as well as to give a nice crunch. One can replace it with any other seed or even nuts.
I like to use these healthy seeds wherever I can. So I decided to add them but you can skip it completely if required or can be replaced with flaxseed. One of my go-to bread with chia seeds is this Quinoa Chia Multiseed Bread, which is gluten free, dairy free, yeast free, and Vegan.
Butter, Sugar,Salt and Cinnamon
Butter is added to bind it all together and give it a nice texture when baked. Sugar, salt, and cinnamon are added for taste and flavor. One can skip cinnamon if required.
So here goes the recipe of Gluten Free Peach Crisp using Fresh Peaches
Gluten Free Peach Crisp using Fresh Peaches
- 6*4 Baking Dish
- 5 medium size Donut peaches or regular peaches
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Chia Seeds
- 3 tablespoon Unsalted Butter If using salted skip the salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 3 tablespoon Brown Sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 Deg C.
- Wash and slice the peaches.
- Layer them on a small baking dish , 6*4 inches
- In a medium size bowl add in the oats, sugar, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, butter, salt, and cinnamon.
- Mix everything.
- Sprinkle this oats mixture on top of the peaches.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is brown and the fruit start to bubble.
- Serve it warm with a dollop of fresh cream or ice cream.
- 1 Cup = 235 ml, 1 tbsp= 15 ml, 1 tsp = 5 ml
- Any fruit can be used here instead of peaches
- Sunflower and chia seeds can be replaced with seed of your choice
- This can be baked in ramekin moulds too
- Baking time will vary depending on the size of baking tray
Linking this with
July 2020: Peaches
- Uruguayan Peach Chaja Cake from Pandemonium Noshery
- Peach BBQ Chicken Legs from Making Miracles
- Mini Peach Cobblers from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Roasted Flank Steak with Fresh Peach Pico de Gallo from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Single Serving Baked Peach Crisp from Sneha’s Recipe
- Shortbread Peach Jam Squares from Food Lust People Love
- Peach Clafoutis from Cookaholic Wife
- Fresh Peach Shortcake from Palatable Pastime
- Gluten Free Peach Crisp from Cook with Renu
- Peach Glazed Chicken Wings from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Let’s be Friends
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list so that you get the new recipes straight in your mailbox.