So I am back with another bake and this time it is Breakfast Breads for BreadBakers. BreadBakers is a group of us baker’s where each of us take turns in hosting and decide on a theme. Our host this month is Felice Geoghegan , who blogs at All That’s Left Are The Crumbs. She has a huge collections of cakes & Bakes which will make you drool for sure. Thank you Felice for hosting this event.
I was in a fix as what to bake for Breakfast breads, as had an overload of ideas and not able to narrow done on one. At first I thought I would share some breakfast paratha’s (Flatbread’s) from Indian cuisine, then thought of croissants, bagels, gluten free bread and what not. Finally I shortlisted this yum recipe which is easy, quick to make and can be added to your daily Healthy breakfast bread’s.
I made this bread with Extra Course WholeMeal flour, which really has a rough and very course texture. I had baked English muffins with it and it did not come out well. So I was really doubtful about this one. Wholemeal flour is made from whole wheat grain with nothing added or taken away. It adds flavour and nutrition to baked products, especially bread and is always heavier than white bread.
The other thing I wanted was to replace the egg with a substitute as many of my readers want an egg free version of my bakes. So I decided to use Flax seeds instead in the recipe. But if you are okay with egg, you can replace the flax seed with one egg. The end result of this bread was a perfectly crunchy bake with all tasty almond’s in it. I was surprised as how good it turned out and it can be easily enjoyed as a Dessert as it has a very mild sweetness to it due to Honey. I did bake just one small loaf and had it for breakfast. So now this is my new addition to my breakfast breads or make ahead breads for those busy mornings.
Some Other Bakes by me :
or check this complete list of Cakes & Bakes on this page:
So no more talking and straight to the recipe.
Yogurt Honey Wholemeal Loaf (Egg-Less)
- 225 gm Coarse Wholemeal Flour
- 1 tbsp Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Flax Seeds Powder (Or 1 Egg)
- 3 tbsp Lukewarm Water (Only if you are using Flax Seeds Powder)
- 150 ml Yogurt
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 100 gm Chopped Almonds
Prepare Flax Seed Mix
- Powder Flax seed in a blender if you do not have Flax seeds powder.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Flax Seeds Powder to 3 tablespoons of luke warm water. Stir and keep it aside.
To Prepare the Loaf
- Preheat oven to 150 Deg C. Grease or line a small size loaf pan (about bread size for 500 gm's one). I used an aluminium foil one as did not had a smaller one.
- Once the Flaxseeds become jelly like or a bit thick (approximately 5-10 mins), add in the Sugar, FlaxSeeds mix, Yogurt, Honey. Beat well until blended.
- Add wholemeal flour, baking soda, cinnamon and half the nuts to the liquid ingredients.
- Beat well until all ingredients are blended.
- Transfer to the prepared tin. Level off top with back of spoon. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top.
- Bake for about 45 mins until springy to the touch.
- Cool in the tin. Slice & Enjoy when cold.
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to:
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. Our theme this month is Breakfast Breads. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to foodlustpeoplelove at gmail.com.
- Blueberry Buttermilk Scones by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Breakfast Monkey Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Butter Enriched Milk Bread by Ambrosia
- Carrot Paneer Parathas by Sneha’s Recipe
- Easy Sourdough Popovers by Cook’s Hideout
- Jalapeño and Cheddar Bagels by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Low Carb Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits by Palatable Pastime
- Multigrain Aloo Methi Paratha by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Paczki with Lemon Cream Filling by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Ponco – Bacon-fried Batter by Food Lust People Love
- Spice Island Breakfast Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegetable and Tofu Steamed Bao by Herbivore Cucina
- Yogurt Honey Wholemeal Loaf by Cook with Renu
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.