This Easy homemade Granola is an Oil-Free delicious breakfast recipe naturally sweetened with honey and packed with nuts, coconut, & seeds.
You can jump to the recipe, but you will miss the tips and tricks mentioned in the post
This homemade granola is a perfect breakfast for those who do not like oats soaked in milk like in overnight oats or sweet oats if you like.
This oil-free Granola also comes in handy when you are unable to make fresh breakfast every day. The shelf life of this oil-free granola is more than a month. So if you can make a batch and store it in an air-tight container.
During the cold wintry months, our body needs some good food. Oats is one of the whole grains which is packed with a lot of nutritional content. It is considered to be a quick and healthy breakfast. Combine them with other winter warmer foods, like Honey, Nutmeg, Nuts etc, you are having one of the healthiest breakfasts.
I too do not like oats soaked or drenched in milk. I hence make this granola recipe which can be enjoyed as your breakfast with some milk. It can be topped on yoghurt or can be layered in a parfait.
Oats and nuts which are loaded with essential fats also help you keep full for longer. So it is a good weight loss food too. This granola can also be shaped into the form of bars. So this also becomes a perfect grab and go breakfast or snack for you or your kids. It is also a good picnic food or treat for your kids. When you shape them into bars one can add egg or flax egg to help make the bars.
Recipes with Oats
I like to sneak in oats in different recipes. Most of the time I love making some savoury recipes from it. Like this Oats Vegetable Chila Pancake, Oats and GreenDal Chila, Oats & Green Dal Toast, or this 10 mins Oats Upma for Breakfast. Vegan baked Oats and Vegetable Bites, Oats and Dalia Idli or this makes a perfect lunch box idea for kids. And if you are looking for some sweet treats try this No-Bake Chocolate Ball or this Beetroot and Oats Cookies.
Variations in Granola
Any choice of nuts, fruits or flavourings can be added to this. I have made this with nuts, cinnamon and nutmeg. One can skip the cinnamon, nutmeg and replace them with lemon zest and blueberry to make lemon blueberry granola. Add some cranberry or apple to add some fruits or dried berries to it. Chocolate chips or cocoa powder can be added to make chocolate granola.
Does it have sugar? Is it Vegan?
I have used honey so it is not vegan. However, honey can be replaced with maple syrup to make it vegan.
Time required to make this Easy Homemade Granola
This Healthy Oil-Free granola is very easy. It can be assembled in a few minutes. The only time required is baking which takes around 30-40 minutes. Once you make a batch you can store it in Airtight container for at least 3-4 weeks depending on the weather.
How can I enjoy this Granola
- Adding milk to this granola makes it a perfect breakfast.
- Top it on yogurt and fruits to get the best breakfast bowl.
- An overnight granola with yogurt.
- Enjoy it is in Parfait.
Pin it for Later –
Here goes the recipe of Easy Homemade Granola (Oil-Free)
Easy Homemade Granola (Oil-Free)
- 3 Cups oats -I used Porridge oats, you can use old fashioned too
- 3/4 Cup raw almonds -whole or halves
- 1/2 Cup raw cashews -whole or halves
- 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 1/4 Cup Brazil nuts
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1 Cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 1/4 Cup flaxseed’s -You can grind too a fine powder too, I used it as is
- 1/2 Cup Honey -Vegans can use Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder -optional
- 1/2 tsp freshty grated nutmeg powder -optional
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 150 Deg C. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (The baking sheet should be large for it to bake evenly)
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almond, cashews3 Cups oats, 3/4 Cup raw almonds, 1/2 Cup raw cashews
- Add the Pecans, Brazil nuts, Raisins, flaxseed, coconut flakes, Honey, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.1/4 Cup Pecans, 1/4 Cup Brazil nuts, 1/4 Cup Raisins, 1 Cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut, 1/2 Cup Honey, 1 tbsp vanilla extract, 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder, 1/2 tsp freshty grated nutmeg powder, pinch of salt, 1/4 Cup flaxseed’s
- Mix it well.
- Layer the granola mixture on the lined baking sheet as evenly as possible.
- Place baking sheet in the oven, on the middle rack, and bake for 45 minutes, stirring the mixture after every 10 minutes or so.
- Once done, remove from oven and let cool.
- When granola is cooled, it will be crunchy.
- Store granola in an air tight container for up to 3-4 weeks.
- Standard US Size cups and spoons used
- Check near the end of 30 minutes as they get burnt pretty quickly.
Love to read your comments and feedback. If you have any questions please ask in the comment section. I will try to answer as soon as I can.
If you tried this recipe, please comment below and do not forget to rate the Recipe.
Subscribe to my email list so that you get the new recipes straight in your mailbox.