New month, new set of themes by our BM Groups. So this week I choose to make Easy Breakfast Dishes. This is my second post on this series, my earlier one was Semolina and Vermicelli Instant Idli (Steamed Cakes) ~ Rava & Sevai Instant Idli and today I am sharing one of my lavish breakfast on days, yes I say it lavish with all the cheese I add into this but once in a while love to. We both love chili cheese sandwich or toasted sandwich once in a while. Few years back, this used to be our favorite every 15 days just the toppings were different.
This year I grew cherry tomatoes, and they too a while to come and we were eagerly waiting for our tomatoes to grow and finally for them to rope, and now they are , it’s like every week I am having am abundance of fresh organic cherry tomatoes. Some fresh cherry tomatoes form my garden.
and the bigger one..
So what when it is raining tomatoes I thought of making our favorite open Cheese Tomato grilled sandwich and for the kids the name is Bread Pizza…:-))….shhhh….who can say no to pizza…
The recipe is quite simple, I simply first toast the bread on one side and in the meantime chop the tomatoes into 4 pieces, add some feta cheese or paneer(optional) , some herbs, black pepper, salt and a drizzle of olive oil. That’s it, top this mixture on the toasted bread slices with some mozzarella cheese and back into oven or in a pan and grill for 5 mins, just until the cheese melts. Yummy breakfast is done in 20-30 minutes flat.
Open Faced Grilled Cheese with Tomato | Bread Pizza
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes (Into 1/2 inch quarters or halves)
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese or Crumbled Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp mix of Spices (Oregano, Basil, Parsley) Your choice
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli flakes (Optional)
- Salt to taste If using feta cheese, go easy on the salt as it already contains salt
- 8 Bread Slices
- 2-3 tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven at 180 C. Apply the butter on one side of the bread and toast the bread for 5 mins. Alternatively One can grill the slices with some butter in a pan.
- When the bread slices are grilling, in a wide bowl, chop the tomatoes and add the Feta Cheese or crumbled paneer .
- Lightly crush the spice mix in between your palms and add it to the mix. Add salt and Red chilli flakes if using. Add olive oil and gently mix Everything.
- Once your bread is slightly toasted, spread the mixture on the bread slices.
- Top this up with some grated mozzarella cheese. (One can use cheddar too).
- One can sprinkle some red chilli flakes or black pepper powder if required at this point.
- Grill for another 5 minutes, just until the cheese melts or Cover and grill on a pan for 5 mins.
- Yummy open Faced Grilled Cheese Tomato Sandwiches are ready. Serve it warm.
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Did you check our Offers & Promotions page yet? If Not do click here.
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to:
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#93
Follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter or Google+.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.
Monday 29th of October 2018
That is one colorful and vibrant toast! To cook with homegrown produce gives a lovely feel! Delicious bread pizza!!
Saturday 20th of October 2018
Fantastic toast Renu, I love the open sandwich too and with homegrown tomatoes it must have been so satisfying!
Tuesday 16th of October 2018
This is the type of sandwich that I can never get tired of eating... crisp and cheesy.
Saturday 13th of October 2018
That is such a simple and delicious sandwich. My cheese loving son would devour this. Those garden fresh tomatoes look awesome.
Friday 12th of October 2018
with fresh tomatoes from your own garden, I can only imagine the awesome flavor of this toast