New month, new set of themes by our BM Groups. So this week I choose to make Easy Breakfast Dishes. This is my second post on this series, my earlier one was Semolina and Vermicelli Instant Idli (Steamed Cakes) ~ Rava & Sevai Instant Idli and today I am sharing one of my lavish breakfast on days, yes I say it lavish with all the cheese I add into this but once in a while love to. We both love chili cheese sandwich or toasted sandwich once in a while. Few years back, this used to be our favorite every 15 days just the toppings were different.
This year I grew cherry tomatoes, and they too a while to come and we were eagerly waiting for our tomatoes to grow and finally for them to rope, and now they are , it’s like every week I am having am abundance of fresh organic cherry tomatoes. Some fresh cherry tomatoes form my garden.
and the bigger one..
So what when it is raining tomatoes I thought of making our favorite open Cheese Tomato grilled sandwich and for the kids the name is Bread Pizza…:-))….shhhh….who can say no to pizza…
The recipe is quite simple, I simply first toast the bread on one side and in the meantime chop the tomatoes into 4 pieces, add some feta cheese or paneer(optional) , some herbs, black pepper, salt and a drizzle of olive oil. That’s it, top this mixture on the toasted bread slices with some mozzarella cheese and back into oven or in a pan and grill for 5 mins, just until the cheese melts. Yummy breakfast is done in 20-30 minutes flat.
Open Faced Grilled Cheese with Tomato | Bread Pizza
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes (Into 1/2 inch quarters or halves)
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese or Crumbled Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp mix of Spices (Oregano, Basil, Parsley) Your choice
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli flakes (Optional)
- Salt to taste If using feta cheese, go easy on the salt as it already contains salt
- 8 Bread Slices
- 2-3 tbsp Butter
- Preheat the oven at 180 C. Apply the butter on one side of the bread and toast the bread for 5 mins. Alternatively One can grill the slices with some butter in a pan.
- When the bread slices are grilling, in a wide bowl, chop the tomatoes and add the Feta Cheese or crumbled paneer .
- Lightly crush the spice mix in between your palms and add it to the mix. Add salt and Red chilli flakes if using. Add olive oil and gently mix Everything.
- Once your bread is slightly toasted, spread the mixture on the bread slices.
- Top this up with some grated mozzarella cheese. (One can use cheddar too).
- One can sprinkle some red chilli flakes or black pepper powder if required at this point.
- Grill for another 5 minutes, just until the cheese melts or Cover and grill on a pan for 5 mins.
- Yummy open Faced Grilled Cheese Tomato Sandwiches are ready. Serve it warm.
Love to read your comments and feedback. Do drop a line in the comment section if you like and do not forget to rate the Recipe. If you try this recipe, would love to see your creations, take a picture and do tag me at @cookwithrenu using the hashtag #Cookwithrenu on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and @Renunad on Instagram. Subscribe to my email list so that you get the recipe straight in your mailbox.
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to:
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons below to share this recipe.