Mix Lentils and Beans Chila/Dosa/Pancake
Updated on 25-June-2018 with pictures and more content
More into clean eating, healthy food for everyone and counting calories. I use to make this mix Lentil and Beans Chila/pancake earlier, but it was specific to only green and yellow mung dals. Now I add everything I can. I generally mix dals, beans and rice mixture and keep it in a jar, so next time, when required take the amount desired ,soak it, grind it and you are done, instead of making the mix again. I have taken once equal ratio for all, but it becomes too nutritious :P, I mean the texture is too tough to eat, especially when you have mung beans, black chana, rajma, etc. So now I take more of Yellow and green mung dal and the rest less.
Need to check more about Dal’s and some recipes, on my blog check out this:
I generally add the following things or whatever I have in my kitchen and the dals or beans I know I cannot eat when cooked as it is. Feel free to add, remove or change any ratio.
Lentils and Bean Mix Ingredients
Black Chana (1/4-1/2 Cup– Black Chickpeas)
- 1 Cup of the Lentil and Bean Mix mixture
- 1-2 green chillies (as per taste)
- 2-3 garlic (optional, if you do not eat)
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Salt as per taste
- Take 1 cup or as much needed of the Lentils and Bean Mix mixture. Wash it thoroughly with water and soak it for at least 6 hours. My soaked mixture below. The colors looks so beautiful.
- In a mixture grind the soaked mixture along with green chillies, ginger, garlic, Cumin Seeds.
- Add Asafoetida and Salt as per taste.
- Keep aside and let the mixture ferment for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Add water to make it a dosa batter consistency. (Should be able to spread a dosa out of it)
- Heat a pan or a dosa tawa. Once hot, rub it with oil on tissue or a potato slice.
- Put a spoonful of batter on it and make it into pancake/dosa shape. Cook it on medium flame.
- One can make it a bit thick if required, but then let it cook on slow flame.
- Drizzle oil on the sides and in between.
- Once cooked on the underside flip it and cook on the other side.
- One can add grated cheese, before serving. Serve it hot with Green coriander chutney and Imli sonth/chutney
This dosa or chila has a rough texture. Children’s might not eat easily. My sister gave a tip to add a bit of sauf (fennel seeds) to use while grinding the mix so that kids enjoy it. Have to give it a try.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.
Pin it for Later:
Sending this to: