Sabudana vada, eat it as a snack or a side dish in a dinner or during fast. It’s easy to make and sure fills your tummy. Have it with the Singdana (Peanut) raita /Dip, simply yummy.
- 3 Cup Soaked Sabudana (see Notes for soaking method)
- 4 Medium sized Potato Boiled (May require more if the vada cracks)
- 1/2 Cup Crushed Roasted Peanut (Not very fine)
- 1-1.5 teaspoon Jeera
- 1-1.5 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar (This adds taste, it is not for sweetness)
- green chillies chopped as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Chopped Coriander (Optional)
- Red chilly powder as per taste (Optional – I do not add this)
- Oil for frying
- Mash the potatoes and mix all the ingredients together.
- Make lemon sized balls. The balls should be tight. Press it first within your palms.
- If it sticks a lot you can lightly grease oil and then make the vadas.
- Once the oil is medium hot, deep fry the vadas. Do not add the vadas in very hot oil as this might just turn the outside crust brown without cooking from inside.
- Yummy Sabudana Vada’s are ready. Serve it with Singdana (Peanut) Raita
- To Soak Sabudana:
- First wash the sabudana nicely changing water 2-3 times
- Then Soak them in enough water (There should be atleast 1/4 cm) of line above the sabudana.
- You can check after 1 hour, if you feel the water more just remove it.
- Let it soak for atleast 10-12 hours.
- Sabudana is now ready.
Love to read your comments and feedback.
Do not want to miss a post , subscribe to my email list.
Follow us on social networking sites by simply clicking on one of the follow up buttons on the top.
Sharing is Caring, Click one of the Social networking buttons to share this recipe.